The HK Government's recently launched free* Covid-19 Online Dispute Resolution Service has been instrumental in a number of NZ parents recently obtaining international school fee refunds for last year's closure, and more parents are expected to receive their refunds soon. This scheme simplifies and expedites your international school fee refund process and can be used from anywhere in the world. Time now to act on those school fee refunds. (*cost is only a nominal HK$200)
It is an over-looked fact that parents can get a refund for all international school fees paid to a school while it has closed for nearly all of last year due to the HK Government health measures. Not surprisingly the international schools have not been clear on this, and in many instances have been communicating the opposite to parents.
Additionally, international schools could not charge parents fees for any notice period should parents have decided to not continue with the school while it was closed.
Consequently, the NZ Society is aware that many parents have not obtained the refunds that are due to them. For this reason the NZ Society of HK is providing a free service to assist parents with obtaining their international school fee refunds.
If you are interested in this service, or just interested in knowing more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This free service is provided to NZ Society of HK member families who are:
A. New Zealand & Australian parents of students who attend or attended Australian International School Hong Kong; or
B. New Zealand parents of students who attend or attended other International Schools in Hong Kong.
This free international school fee recovery service includes:
- Access to the legal opinion provided to the NZ Society of HK by a New Zealand & an Australian lawyer on the liability of international schools where they have charged, and not refunded, school fees for the period that their schools were closed due to the HK Government health measures.
- Assistance in arranging with the school for a refund.
- Assistance with utlising the HK Government's newly launched free Covid-19 Online Dispute Resolution Service for arranging for mediation with the school (if necessary).
- Assistance with straight-forward legal action to recover school fees (at no cost to parents) if necessary.
- Access to resources and research on the liability of international schools in HK if they charged fees for the period of their closure due to the HK Government health measures, including related applicability of the recent Ombudsman’s Report on International School Fees issued in January 2020.
It is important, from the perspective of obtaining a timely refund, that parents consider not paying further fees to the school until their claim with the school has been resolved.
This free service and your ability to obtain a refund applies whether or not you are in Hong Kong, so please do not delay in contacting us to follow up.
Contact us for refund information
If you are interested in this free service, or just interested in knowing more, please email email@example.com.
Join the NZ Society of HK
If you are not currently a member and would like to renew or join, this can be done easily online here: www.nzshk.org/public/pay/subscription/
Membership runs for 12 months from the date of subscription payment.
If you are not sure of your current membership status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership of the NZ Society of HK is open to anyone with an interest in NZ.